Thursday, December 01, 2005

People in Love

I was talking to one of my gal friends today and she was telling me about her new love. Ahhhh new love...new love is always beautiful..they will always have lots of similarities, telepathy, you could lick honey off the moon if you wanted...babe I am really happy for you..truly am. Don't we all know this feeling? I know I do.

All I wanna say is take things slowly...one may think they have found a great relationship where everything's perfect..thinking, style, preferences, chemistry in all sense..and its probably true they have found a great relationship. It's so great that it's nearly unbelievable..I nearly fell off my chair a few times in the course of one I found.

"I am glad we found each other at this point of our lives."

Sweet isn't it?

That is true...it certainly feels the case and it certainly may well be the case... if the relationship is properly managed. I have come to appreciate this..words are just words, actions mean everything. While it may take some chemistry to reach this state of belief, I think maintaining this state of belief takes a little more work. A great relationship should flow naturally but it also takes a sense of realism and compromise. If properly managed, this statement could well be the start of something really wonderful. If the lovebirds are not careful, it could well be the most lethal poison. Knowing humans, we forget the things that we love about the person when we are upset. Will you still be able to remember and believe what made you feel glad about finding that person if you were upset? Many don't, because we are all human.

Am I cynical? Maybe. I certainly know how good it feels to find one like that. I just come to see that great relationships take more than just chemistry. It takes communication, compromise and understanding. This is because we are all individuals with differences. We will never be exactly the same and two people have to live, accept and love these differences. Great relationships don't happen because people wish for it to happen, they MAKE it happen.

To me, love is not just about the sparks. It is what happens AFTER the sparks. Oh please gimme lots of sparks especially in certain areas *chuckle* but I don't have that bubblegum pop idea of love anymore. If I was 16, I would but I am no longer anymore.

I keep coming across this problem in the relationships I have been in as well as observed. I can't say this enough, communication is not just about speaking your mind. To me, love really needs a lot of that. Perhaps more so for me because I don't expect my guy to be with me alot. Men, when will you understand that if you cannot be with your lady, just let her know? All she needs to know is that she matters to you and it's just that your purpose in life calls you away from her? I think most women will be willing to understand. We are FLEXIBLE people who can understand your priorities, If you can't give her time, then at the very least tell her what is going on. At least she would know how to manage the situation. How long can anyone live in a question mark?

Anyway back to you babe, I am happy for you. May that statement be always with you two. To find a relationship like that is very wonderful..to lose it is hell not to mention shocking..but let's not go there. May happiness and blessings be with you two always :)

No comments: