Friday, December 02, 2005

Of Rambles, Rumbles and Living For The Moment

Ok this is just to ramble..

I survived a overnight 200 point paper loss! Ended up profitable, wanted to hold more, didn't hold..or else profit a lot more :(

In case anyone is wondering, I am talking about futures trading. I took courses from this company and has stepped into the world of trading since. Learnt a lot about market observation, charts and so on in the process..made great friends..should have a look if you are looking for new sources of income..Man they should pay me ad fees!

My gal friend's grandpa passed away..they say that people sometimes wait for everyone they need to see to come back before passing on. Have heard of it from personal close friends that it happens...am not spending enough time with my family :( I think we have that rebellious stage where it's cool to defy your parents..but as I grew up, I started to cherish family more especially after I moved out. You never know what may happen tomorrow.

Speaking of you never know what may happen tomorrow..I have a nice story to share here. I heard it from a very inspriring woman, Miss Antonia Hui during a Power Women seminar the other day. Ya I am a Power Woman!! *laughs* There was a young man in Switzerland who had 26, had planned his whole life ahead of him. One day, he suddenly got involved in an accident and lost all his senses. All he had left was his hearing and his mind. He could not see, move, feel or touch. Everyone thought that was the end for him.

He however, refused to give up. He thought "I still have my brain left and I know I can still use it". Everyday, he played chess in his mind. One month later, he asked to play with his doctor who could also play chess. Guess what? He won.

He went on to become one of the top chess players in Switzerland. And if you think that was it, he went back to school to get a degree and it was very difficult as he could not see or write and in those days IT was not as advanced as today where you could use voice recognition software. But this did not stop him from becoming a nuclear scientist today. Now tell me, how many physically abled people you know make it as a nuclear scientist??

While I don't have exact words, in essence he said to her ..Don't just live for the past or the future. Live for the present. I had planned my life and we all plan our life. We look so far ahead or so far behind but you never know what may happen tomorrow. All my plans were changed by one unexpected event. Live for the moment.

He also added while this may seemed like an unfortnate incident, he thought this may well be a way to make him turn into his real destiny, what he was truly meant for, which he probably would not have done if that didn't happen.

Sometimes our presents come in thorns..it's not always easy to accept them but you may just never know. :)

Personal thought..The other day I suddenly remembered what a friend said that I hurt your feelings..I don't know if I have ever hurt you..if I did, I also don't know how I did because I cherish you. I don't know how I did it without being unfaithful, distrustful or demanding change of you..maybe I just didn't how to tell you.You said you never questioned, but if you ever wondered..there was never anyone else. If I hurt you by some way or other...I am sorry. There will be some who will say I am crazy to say this if they knew..but still, I am sorry.

I would sometimes wonder how you are but perhaps you do not wish me near you. I believe you must be well...I hope you are well..

No comments: