Sunday, December 25, 2005

Above & Below The Line. Face Value.

Yesterday I was talking to one of my gal friends and we came to this point where we were discussing that amongst some of the guys we know, there's a line that draws between how they look at different girls.

There are those which for the sake of modesty, I will call below the belt ooops the line I mean, type, You get the idea. It's quite sad really...the girls in this category don't seem to be remembered very much beyond being below the belt. Not very humane if you think of it..."Just one of the many". Pretty much like the type F I have mentioned in another post. I think it happens the other way round for some girls too.

The sad thing is, often...girls don't realise when they are just one of the many till it comes to a heatbreaking realisation one day. Good for the gals who know it beforehand and know what they are getting themselves into. I realise when it comes to these things..there's a difference between "can do" or "want to do". You can, doesn't mean you want to. I know some who get involved in such affairs for the wrong reasons be it being cheated by the guy, finding a substitute for someone else or just plain spite. The morning after is usually sad, Those are cases of cannot do and don't want to but just do..it's wrong, really wrong because the loss of self respect after is hardly worth the easy solution.

There are the girls who come above the line, be it friends or girls with more potential beyond being the nameless crowd. You have a face, worth showing a bit more of the real person in the guy and that simple line makes all the difference. Kinda like Type R or Type D. Suddenly, the gal becomes more worthy of being nice to. She has a face, a name and feelings. She's human. I think this is especially acute in guys where you see they treat their friends really well and their girlfriends..erm well..

We also talked about some of our guy friends who seem to behave like bastards or bad boys because they have an image to upkeep. Is it because of conventional wisdom that girls like bad boys? I remember one told me..there's no point in being nice. He has been nice, sent countless drunk girls home but there's no point. Ah this reminds me of the posts on male bastards. Many start out being nice. Well maybe there is an element of truth because humans tend to take things for granted. Given this, it's the same as well for girls. I have seen real life cases...men do not treasure women nice to them. Well to these men and women who feel they should be bad for sake of being bad...sorry you simply are with the wrong person.

Friends have said perhaps I have a thing for bad boys. I think I just like them unusual. I am sorry to say, but the typical Singaporean man bores me. Maybe these unusual people appear bad boy type or maybe I am the one who needs to go throw myself against the wall for some realisation. The funny thing, the reason I chose some people over others is for the very reason opposite of bad boys. I was once faced with an existing choice of a seemingly unsettled fun type versus someone new who was in my opinion, sincere and most real person I met in a long time. I chose the latter. Did I choose the man cos he seemed wild and happening enough? *laughs* ...NO. I remember my thoughts very clearly at that point. Was I wrong? Don't know. Was I one of the many? Maybe, maybe not. Ever wondered? Yes.

Nonetheless...being bad to upkeep an image...seems wrong to me. If you have a heart then just have a heart la. It's not who the person is. If this is not what the person is, then what does he or she expect another party to love? The person that they try to be or the person they really are? Funny thing is I don't really think these guys need to..I think they have enough qualities for gals to like them for real. Strange world this is.

No comments: