Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Of Writing and Irony

Yesterday, a friend commented that bloggers are people unable to internalise and deal with things in their lives. Is it true?

I guess to a certain extent. I agree sometimes it becomes an outlet for things that happen around me or to people around me. Sometime when things pop up in my mind and I wonder so I put it down in writing. Why declare things for the world to see? Ever wondered maybe things that aren't meant to be shared will not be shared? Ever wondered maybe the messages are there but you won't see it unless you really read between the lines?

I like to write. A part of me always wanted to be a writer. I always wanted to write for a column if I could..a bit like Carrie in Sex and The City. I like to write about people because people are never the same..never black and white, good or bad. That's reserved for fairytales. I like reality where lines are never clear and irony is blatant. Irony is a fact of life. I like simplicity for its beauty, complexity for its mystery.

Sometimes I think I am a walking contradiction. It may be confusion but I like to see it as enjoying many different things in life. I like art, dance, sing, do girly things but yet I like the feeling on a bike and I wanna do kickboxing because of the strength and force behind it..the feeling I can break your neck if I wanted to *laughs*. I am emotional but I am masculine far more than many women especially after I moved out. A friend commented I am like a tomboy in a girly body. I am soft yet I am hard. I wished I was more feminine, swore less but that's me baby. One thing that really made me respect my previous guy was he could accept me for not being the sweetest thing you meet on the street.

I like this song..love the lyrics

Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell

Rows and flows of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way

But now they only block the sun
They rain and they snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all

Moons and Junes and Ferris wheels
The dizzy dancing way that you feel
As every fairy tale comes real
I've looked at love that way

But now it's just another show
And you leave 'em laughing when you go
And if you care, don't let them know
Don't give yourself away

I've looked at love from both sides now
From give and take, and still somehow
It's love's illusions I recall
I really don't know love
Really don't know love at all

Tears and fears and feeling proud
To say "I love you" right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I've looked at life that way

Oh but now old friends they're acting strange
And they shake their heads
And they tell me that I've changed
Well something's lost but something's gained
In living every day

I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life
I really don't know life at all

1 comment:

xuan said...

I kinda agree. :) I use blogging to vent my frustrations. And it helps! :) Pls dun break my neck tomorrow night. Sounds terrifying.

Welcome Jiahui to our circle of trust! (not to mention singlehood, fun, booze, partying and whatever that comes with it) *chuckle-chuckle*

~Xuan.