Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Celebration of Age

Here I am sitting at Marina Mandarin waiting to perform to a bunch of youngsters for their dinner and dance. Junior college kids my gosh…when was I that age?? It’s not that long ago actually but still far enough. Best part is the dance is quite sexy..oh gosh horrors of horrors!!

As I look at them, it reminds me a lot of the time I dressed up for prom. That was in secondary school..we went to make dresses and all!! Now looking at them, I began to realize why my mum said that when I am young, I won’t look nice in adult clothes. Please don’t mistake me..I am not saying they don’t look nice…in fact I saw a really hot babe ala retro 70s hot babe style with flowing curls, cut till low dress ooh la la . I must make disclaimer here..no matter what happened or what you guys said, I am not and not turning lesbian thank you. I still like men as a species versus women for a partner.

I began to have a greater teeny weeny appreciation for age. Perhaps I should say, womanliness that comes with age. Somehow though these girls may be slimmer and more youthful, somehow I still find the same dress will probably look more beautiful on a more erm should I say mature woman? Somehow there’s a missing feeling of life experience, womanliness that somehow makes the beauty incomplete. It’s really about carrying it off I guess.

As I hit my 20s, I began to feel that women are most attractive in their late 20s and early 30s, when they are independent, know what they want and won’t sit down to be trampled..generally. The sense of worldliness, womanliness is simply mysterious and beautiful, be it bigger hips, flabbier tummy and all. Mind you, there are women in that age that look even better physically than any woman in their early 20s.

So ladies, let’s celebrate our womanliness with every passing year…eye creams, moisturizers and all! :)

No comments: