Friday, March 17, 2006

Really?

I have heard this statement many times. It never quite left an impression on me till I heard it on a movie the other day.

Boy was asking girl why she liked him even though she was pretty and popular. She answered:

"I don't need a reason...because I love you"

How sweet.

But, really?

I could have thought this to be possible and it sure sounds romantic enough. However, I have ceased to believe love in itself conquers all. Perhaps true love I have not found and thus I have nothing to say about that but then again, what is true love?

Does such love exist? One that exists with no reason and exists in itself with all purity and intensity? Can such love withstand time, life, reality, changes and all those stands forth in the way of love? They say the course of true love never did run smooth. When two lovers fight, can they find the strength to remember their love if there is no reason behind it? I have seen too many who cannot.

I also came to this realisation recently. It's true ladies, sometimes what we think we want isn't really what we want.

Some of my long time gal friends will probably remember me saying this about the kind of guy I'll probably like. Most people looking at the amount of crap I say and my so-called extroverted nature will probably find it hard to believe that for a very long time, I told my gal friends I actually like the silent killer type...the type that doesn't talk much but makes a lot of sense and intelligence when they do speak. I had a guy friend like that in university and he never fails to impress me. Before that I always thought I would like someone very very outgoing but guess what? It turns out quite differently.

We always say we want cute guys but truth is I realise don't like guys that are too perfect...perfect, polished skin and all. I like guys who are a bit different and with an "edge". I always thought I would like guys who are more SNAG type and I sure do because they are easier to communicate with, but call it animal instinct, there is an innate desire for a strong male.

Ladies, sometimes that innate instinct contradicts with what we think we want. Try it, think harder about the men you have been with, been attracted to and you might just see what I mean.

@-;--

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stealing this entry!!! :D

~Xuan

Kismet said...

Ha ha ok :)