Thursday, March 09, 2006

Memory Lane

I went back to NTU for a visit yesterday and while many things have remained the same, many things have changed as well

Hall 3 is another location now, there are new halls and frankly they look like HDB flats to me. I suddenly realised why Singaporeans don't interact as much when we stay in HDB flats. When I stayed in Hall 2, there was a strong community spirit because everybody could reach everyone easily. With the new halls, there were far too much distance and corners between people. We have exchanged our human interaction for design and questionable comfort. Now the whole place feels kind of cold and lacks that human touch.

I went to Jurong Point as well and had Bubble Tea! First time in many, many years...thanks to my friend who had bubble tea craving for days. In many years I felt young and carefree like many years ago. Most people i know liked their secondary school days most. For me, I like secondary and first year of university the most. How about you?

I like growing up and having freedom. But I also like the carefree feeling when I was in school. Thinking back, I sure had my fun and funny episodes but it was all simple...some happy, same sad...but nothing quite like the next few years that ensued. Perhaps i will look back and think the same as well?

I bought a BIG tub of yogurt today...Strawberry one :D I can't quite find my Milo though...please don't tell me even Milo wants to leave me *sob*

No comments: