Sunday, March 12, 2006

Pure Innocence

For people who think that I must be a party animal, I spent my Saturday at home with my favourite comics, tucked under my soft quilt in my newly re-designed room *beams* Told ya people, I am as introvert as you guys think I am extrovert.

I am one that has never been good with kids. Forget what they say about Cancerians having strong maternal instincts. I agree I do have tendency to take care of those I care about but when it comes to kids, I am as good as a bull in a china shop - Lost and clumsy. It was no surprise that my mum used me to threaten my nieces instead of your friendly policemen. "Do this and I will get gor-gor to scold you!"

Age must be catching up with me. Somehow when my new niece was born, I seemed to have develop a softer spot for kids. It must be that one time when she kissed me suddenly. So sweet :) Since then I always had a soft spot for her. Yesterday I looked into those big eyes of hers and realised why people can't help but smile when they look at babies. Those big eyes were so clear and full of innocence and wonder of the world, completely untainted by the dust of growing up.

I must say that though I am not very good with them, I will have kids someday be it my own or adopted. Married friends tell me children are God's gifts and it's hard to see it when you see all the pains of bringing one up. Nonetheless, very few tell me it's not a satisfying process. In a way, I think it's a duty to mankind. Meanwhile, let me try to brush up on maternal instinct. TRY ok? :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woa.. you had me smiling at the desceiption of the baby.. looks like I have tons of maternal instincts.. hehehe... now.. all I have to do is to find a man. *chuckle*

~Xuan