Thursday, March 02, 2006

People. Family Lunch. Old Favourite.

Ok I promised to add new talents to Peter's star resume. Did I mention he is a NLP certified practitioner and a natural born motivational speaker? Oh he can speak German too! Any ladies interested can leave comments here and I will put your thoughts through!

Ok Ah Li and Eric complain I never write about them. So I will write now!

Ah Li. Ah I have known him for a long time...11 years in fact. The only thing we ever agreed on is that we do not agree on anything *laughs* I remember once I made real deep effort to find something he lost and he called me stupid. Ok la I know he didn't really mean it... over the years we have slowly overcome our differences and became good friends. He has on some occasions questioned my decisions as I have questioned his. Nonetheless, I am very glad we are still good friends.

Eric. Head of research ah. He just got a new Husky...ok I admit I was erm surprised when I saw the erm Husky. I had quite a different idea of what a Husky looks like. Ok la, when Prince was put to my face, quite cute *laughs* Our Head of research is a very helpful guy and a very capable trader. (I cannot afford to offend Head of Research leh kekeke). ANYWAY, any girls interested please apply here too!

I got sudden new readers *laughs* As long as you guys enjoy the readings, I will find more stuff to write :)

I had lunch with mum and dad today. I am glad we finally got a chance to sit down for lunch. Most of you probably don't know...If I didn't ask for it, you probably won't find my mum and dad sitting at the same table having a meal together if it wasn't a family gathering.

People have asked me if it hurts me to see that. Frankly I think the whole lot of us have grown old enough to understand. The case of a married couple turn into strangers is sadly common. Sometimes it makes me wonder if getting married is that important anymore. Does a piece of paper guarantee love and commitment forever? Hardly. To me, the act of marriage itself is not as important as the determination and mindset behind it. It is the willingness to take that small big step that is more important than the step itself.

Sometimes I do wish I can wrangle words out of my mouth but I find that more and more difficult as I grew up. Family background maybe? The lessons that were delivered while growing up maybe? Frankly I don't know.

Yesterday I tried a bit of one of my most memorable cigars ever. I had smoked two last year and the second had turned out really memorable to make it my all time favourite. Some time back I got to smoke one again but it was really disappointing. Last night's one turned out much nicer. It reminded me why I liked it so much at first. I must admit I am not very good at appreciating the ends but it was nice even at the end last night. Thank God for a good Astral Grand Reserve '92 last night to keep my memory of this cigar wonderful.

@-;--

1 comment:

Boon said...

Cat, dun smoke too much ok.. not good for your lungs ah. :P ( same advice i gave CF all the time). But i must say the cigar puff was quite interesting. :P