Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Years Pass

It's Chinese New Year again, the time for visiting and catching up with family and old friends...not to forget the feasting and ang pows :)

This year we gathered as we always did with the scouts. The years have indeed passed and we have grown into adulthood.

I remember when we were in school, taking bus was the order of the day. We went to Palm Beach at Kallang Leisure Park for our dinner when we finished our O Levels. We used to roller blade at East Coast. The song "Forever Young" was how we felt at graduation dinner.

Fast forward to 2006.

We had a reunion dinner at Tung Lok and went to Mr Mah's house as well. We are sitting at Mr Mah's house watching the long awaited Speech Day video that we had not seen since we did it 10 years ago. We saw how silly we looked back then...silly moves, gawdy dess sense and all. As I watched Junwei set up the camera,I felt like I was watching a movie where it tracked how people's lives have changed over the years.

Will we continue to take pictures to track how we change in the years to come? Perhaps next time we will bring spouses and children? I think we should have a photo album where everyone contributes and we track how we have changed over the years. From taking bus, we now have three cars amongst us and a bike. From rollerblading, some of us have taken to playing golf at East Coast. We have gone from being silly students with complex relationships to working adults with completely different lives.

I must say I am happy to see the guys with their individual girlfriends. I am happy that they have turned out to be responsible men who love and take care of their loved one. I am happy to see them in normal, happy relationships.

Some things stay the same though. We still end up at Junyu's house. We still play mahjong and cards. We still meet every year. I am glad to have these friends :)

No comments: