Monday, January 02, 2006

Family

One thing I like about going over to my brother's place for dinner is not just spending time with family (one of my personal goals for 2006 too) but also the fact that my brother is also a wine and cigar enthusiast..so I always get good wine and cigars :D

Today I had a nice Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2005..light with a tinge of sweet..a red RWT..baby grange they say...pardon my shallow knowledge of wines...it was good though..had a partagas who went nicely with the red and a go at my bro's trinidad...ah so smooth...sure wanna smoke that one next time...I was recommended to try some others if I go to Conoisseur Divan too :P

I got a small wooden box from my eldest brother as a gift..now one may not think much of it..but you may not realise that this is the first gift from him that I can remember. My family is a very traditional Chinese family where we don't talk or show much love. As I grew older, I began to see how my family shows love not by the Western way of words and such..but more through little actions..like putting me through school, sending me to and fro places..as I grew older..I realised if not for love, they wouldn't need to.

It was a simple carved wooden box..but I was very happy and surprised to receive it. Thank you bro....for everything. :)

2 comments:

Boon said...

happy new year, kismet
:)

Kismet said...

happy new year to you too! :)