Monday, December 18, 2006

I Wanna Feel The Dance

There are times I feel bored or should I say emotion-less in dancing partner dances.

Not because my partner isn't good. In fact, they are often technically sound.

It's the feeling I am missing.

I have to agree a part of it is my responsibility. I have to let it out to feel it but how to let a flood of joy, passion, strength out when your partner is not reciprocating with the same amount of emotion?

How does one feel the true joy of dance and music if one does not fully feel the depth of the music and the passion of the dance?

Please do not be mistaken. This is not my idea of getting a man.

I used to like fast partner dances. Now I like to slow it down and be able to feel the music. Sometimes, I don't even do the technically sound stuff but I enjoy the music and the dance. I enjoy it even more when my partner is relaxed and indulges in the music.

Like actors often say, it is exciting to have a co-star who can bring out your potential and make the script come alive.

I am looking for partners to make the dance come alive...like this clip. Raw, fierce and brings out the story in the song.

Will there be such a day?

No comments: