Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Day I Missed

I was really looking forward to attending the wedding of a good friend. It was the first time a good friend was getting married and I really looked forward to it. When we were young, we kinda promised to be at each other's wedding. I wanted to witness her going into the next stage of her life.

I had set aside that day free because I wanted to be sure I could be there.

Suddenly, a big show comes on the same day. I had to be there to ensure everything could run smoothly.

Still, I planned so that I can go.

The day came.

Client wasn't clear about one of the items. Changes were needed. My people were new. It was understandable they needed more time. Stress built and time came close for me to go.

Time came for me to go but I couldn't because if I went, the show may not be clean enough for public viewing. The job was my responsibility...one I could not drop and go...because I can't let my people go out looking bad and our name to be tarnished.

I made a call to say I can't go.

I was so sad. I really was.

I cried.

I felt like I missed out a part of my life too.

I am sorry babe...I will never take a job on a day like this again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hugs girl. i'm sure your friend understands. always tough to make a decision betwn work and social life.