Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas Story - Christmas Past

I know Christmas is around the corner but I didn't really feel it sink in till I found myself staring at a fruit cake in Cold Storage. I like fruit cakes :)

There's always this story they like to say at Christmas...the good old Christmas story about old scrooge and Christmas past, present and future. Here I will do my own version of Christmas past, present and future. Why don't you try it for yourself too?

I will focus on Christmas Past first for this chapter.

The things I could have done better this year. I could have been more patient and controlled my temper more. I think it's a bad habit I got from a older friend of mine *ahem*. I should be more lady-like *laughs*

Having to drop things out of my life is not easy. Having to drop anything or anybody is not easy for Cancerians. Not even if it is for the better.

The things I like about this year include the studio, paying more attention to my health, having a god-daughter, finding new friends who are very passionate about their lives, finding very hardworking team members in my studio and performance team. Dancing a lot more nowadays too :)

The lessons I learnt this year. Too many. The last few years taught me so much.

I learnt to take good care of yourself because there really are things that money cannot buy. A lot of my failure in taking care of myself when I was younger showed this year. Some effects remain and may well be for life.

Learning to say no. I realised it is often when you don't know what you want that you say yes to anything and everything. There are exceptions of course. There are also instances when one should be open to options. However, one will innately know the times when one is saying yes because one does not know what else to do as well as the times when one is simply open to exploring more. I realised it when I said no to some offers which I believe I would have said yes to one year ago.

Learning that one should do the things one WANTS to do because it makes all that small big difference. It really really makes a huge difference when one does something one wishes to do because one will fight for it to make it happen. Lack of interest = lack of action = no result = waste of time =why do it at all? We are all guilty of it at some point including myself.

What is your Christmas Past like? After this chapter will be Christmas Present and Christmas Future because we all like to end on high , forward looking happy notes :)

Next chapter : Christmas Present.

No comments: