Sunday, July 23, 2006

Take A Bow

So the week has ended and I give my most sincere thanks to the people who have absolutely indulged me in a week of celebration. Frankly, I did think of slowing my pace over the week but only take off on the day itself but somehow it turned out to be an entire week of celebration. Thank you people, you have absolutely indulged me. As one can see from my previous entries, I have eaten waaayyyyy too much.

This year was a lot less buzz than last year. The days were characterized by many meals and chats. It was great catching up with the different groups of people in my life and sharing a meal along with what has happened in our lives. I laughed a lot over the week :)

This year, there were a few different things. I had only to worry about an expanding waistline (my poor friends who have lost a part of their wallets doing so... but I think I will be very broke especially in October)...there were great gifts, meals and experiences...no painful morning after or tears..(I did get wasted once and frankly do not want to remember how silly I acted).

Perhaps the incident to mark the fatefulness of this day in my life more than ever before will be the one where my dear friend met someone she had not seen in a year. The last time she saw this person was at my birthday as well. I can't quite describe how fateful this event is but we both know. It's really uncanny how life works.

During one of the dinners, I asked my friends what can they see me doing. They gave me answers that I knew only people who had known me for a really long time and knew me very closely, could tell me. It's so rare nowadays that it was refreshing to hear.

"What can you see me doing?"

"Hmmm...I think writing or art..you always had this artistic side in everything you did...hmm ya I can see you as a painter."

Another said "I can see you very successful in the fashion business."

I think it's kinda different from what many people who knew me much later and probably remember me as the business oriented sales gal. Frankly, even I myself forgot this part of myself for a long time and allowed it to drown along with life. Now they claim they want to see me with my tyrant of a niece so they can see a side they never seen before - clumsy me with kids *laughs*.

This year, I am happy for a few things. I am happy for getting in touch with many things I have put aside. I start to feel a little like I am living again.

I am happy I started painting and writing more. I am happy I took up Muay Thai which had always been a curiousity..it's been rewarding. I am happy I am resuming my bike lessons..I was totally inspired by a ride I got yesterday. I am happy I enjoy exploring my food and wine so much more..this I have to give thanks to some friends who are so particular about their food. I think what would top the year would be starting another language and taking up photography. That would put me a step closer to the travelling dream.

Most of all, I am happy for friends who have shown so much care. I feel like a baby...maybe I am like one to them :P

Thank you people and Thank you God.. *bow*

No comments: