Sunday, July 16, 2006

Mr & Mrs Smith

I love this movie. I could watch it over and over and laugh over it so trust my happiness when I got the unrated version of the movie.

My favourite parts of the movie:

The part they absolutely wreck the house, smash everything they've built up and ever known to climax (no pun intended) into fabulous hungry erm procreation? Gives new definition to the morning after.

I have asked a couple of women and they all claim they would like the end result without the smashing bit, too expensive perhaps? I even read about a woman who was so inspired by this scene her boyfriend and her tried to re-create the scene. Well he tore her designer dress, she burst into tears and the rest is well, history. Operation: Failed. The guy ended up sewing her dress for the next few days.

The other part I always found funny was the part where they were escaping from the enemies and Brad Pitt hummed along to "Making Love Out of Nothing At All." Absolutely classic.

On a more serious note, this conversation:

"At least apart, we know what the odds are. Let's just call this what it is and what it isn't."

"All right. So it's a crap marriage. All right, I''m a mess and you're a disaster.We're both liars. But you run, you'll always be running. I say we stay and fight. We finish this thing. Then, if you wanna go, you can go. Oh, thank you. What? "Let's call this what it is"? Jesus Christ."

I thought this was a pretty meaningful conversation. Love the part about if you run, you'll always be running. That's something a lot of us do isn't it?

No comments: