Sunday, July 16, 2006

Experimental

People have different definitions of being "experimental". Some link it to work, some to food, some to love and even sex.

I recently or perhaps not so recently discovered a greater desire to be more experimental in everything.

For example, many friends would know that I have not taken meat for a long time. In my last trip to Bali, I took all kinds of meat. In an age where everyone is getting their driver's license, I am taking my bike license. Instead of staying in the comfort of home, I went to take classes that resulted in broken toenails and bruises on my knees. The list of things I have done for myself have grown and will continue to grow.

Why? Some may ask.

The reasons are many. Some was inspired by another, some was to fulfil a longtime desire and more importantly, it was the discovery of wanting to try all kinds of different things to experience the many facets of life.

Well bruises aside, I like this feeling of doing the things you always thought of trying but just never got round to. The sense of embarkment and excitement of execution is natural adrenaline. I wanted to experience my travels more, taste, see, touch and feel more than ever.

I enjoy my food more now.I pay more attention to the way it's prepared. I pay more attention to my wines and cigars and learnt more in the process. I could say more of "ah so this is what it's like" than I did in the past.

Isn't life interesting? I love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enjoy your journey! i'm sure every detail brings great pleasure and life's learning points.