Sunday, April 30, 2006

Old Symbol

Today I saw something on an old poster that brought back a very old and sweet memory. I saw a symbol that I had seen over a decade ago that my first guy had drawn for me. It was like a secret code between us. Its a square with a cross in the centre and a "V" over it. It means "I Love You". Sweet huh?

I always hear teenagers declaring their oaths of eternal love over radio dedications. Like I tell my friends, even 16 year olds have their idea of "forever". When we were in our teens, it was so simple to like someone and be together. Even my buddy agrees...You like me, I like you, we go "steady". Now it's "I don't know where it'll lead..is he or she for real? what if this? what if that?" We have grown up along with our walls. In exchange for adulthood and adult freedom of financial independence, we have given up our freedom in other ways. The world is fair...something comes...something goes.

No comments: