Saturday, April 29, 2006

Do You Know Me?

Some of you may have known me for years and may have known me in a particular manner especially the last few years. I am often remembered as the "girl who's a dancer". Frankly I think there are far more talented dancers out there. I wonder why this is often the thing associated with me.

Well do you know the other sides of me?

Do you know...

I like installation art and abstract art over still life?

I like black and white artistic photography?

I love to listen to classical music when I used to paint?

I wanted to be a designer when I was young?

I was trained in acrylic painting as well as design?

I want to learn bike and muay thai as much as I want to learn how to cook and do the tango?

I used to be a hardcore perfectionist?

I enoy staying home to watch dvds and chill out more than going out to meet people?

I am actually introverted by nature and extroverted by creation and necessity?

I would enjoy staying home to a home-cooked meal and doing simple things with a loved one more than an expensive date?

I enjoy cheap teh and teochew porridge as much as I appreciate the finer points of wine and cigars?

I like to read girly manga as much as I like to read books about business and self improvement?

I like to watch anime and feel-good movies as much as I like deep provoking works?

I like peace and serenity often more than noise and buzz?

Money, business and dance is not what my life is just about?

I believe everyone has a side that many people do not know. We often live by the perceptions that we see and there is nothing wrong with that. I simply love to discover things about people that are often not known. Call that my natural sense of curiousity. Sometimes I think I get too caught up with living that I forget to do the little things that satisfy this nature...like read, watch discovery channel *laughs*.

Remember that entry I wrote sometime back about a person's true essense? The other day I had a simple conversation. Ahhh you may not understand what can be so special about a conversation. It was a conversation that I had not had in a long time. It didn't matter that the subject matters were so plain. What was comforting was the conversation actually occurred and for a brief period of time, I experienced a little bit of the other party's true essence...something I had not seen in a long time. That brought a little humane warmth...not love or care... but warmth :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I thought I know myself, but at a split second, I lost the meaning of I. Without the understanding of self, no wonder I am lost in translating my love.

Kismet said...

That must be one of the most cheem comments I have received. I remember my love said "I don't know myself..I don't know what love therefore I don't know how to love". I agree...sometimes we need to know ourselves a bit more before getting involved with someone else. But you know what? To me, there is nothing that you will ever be really ready for. You will be ready when you are there in the situation itself. We all learn along the way..with that bit of "not understanding thyself"..thats what I think.