Friday, April 28, 2006

The Camera

"God gave us all a camera
The best that even money can't buy
To capture visions of everlasting beauty
For that moment of eternity
And that camera is you."

Today there was thunder, lightning and a storm. One of the nice things about staying in a high rise place is I can see lightning very clearly from my window. After the rain, I saw the sky in a perfect blend of colours from blue to orange to yellow, in varying hues of brillance.

It suddenly reminded me of the night I saw a picture that I had failed to capture using my feeble camera. It was a clear night and I saw the most number of stars in my life in the night sky. It was so breathtakingly beautiful I had to try to take a picture of it. It never came out right of course but that picture was etched in my mind.

As I watched the sky which still had lightning on one side and the sunset on the other, I realised that God gave us the best camera in the world. With our eyes as the lens and our mind as the film, it is the only camera in the world that can capture the full beauty of creation and the emotions involved in every event to finally produce a picture called memory.

Every picture is always stored in memory but as humans we sometimes forget where we store it. We often choose to remember the things we want to remember and forget those we dislike, even if it was a picture that had already been taken and carved into reality. Silly aren't we?

Say hello to the most wonderful painter and camera in the world...you :)

No comments: