Monday, April 17, 2006

Memory and age

Memory is a strange thing. They say as you get older, you tend to remember less well of recent events but more clearly of past events. I must be getting older. I remember less well and yet I can remember past events more clearly than before.

As I was clearing my receipts to file my taxes, I came across a few receipts that reminded me of several events in the past. As I looked at every receipt, it was like looking at my life flash by. I could remember who I was with, what I did, where I went. Sometimes I could remember the exact picture in my head. I never quite expected a stack of old receipts to act like a diary of sorts.

I remember the times I sang, remembered the times I went out with friends, the times I was in love, the times I went wild...all from a humble stack of receipts. Interesting isn't it?

The difference is sometimes we will look at triggers of events and cry...sometimes we will smile..sometimes we will stop crying and be able to smile...sometimes we learn to accept...sometimes we never forget...sometimes we smile sadly..sometimes we wished we never saw it...sometimes we smile happily. That is the magic of time.

And yes, I am getting older...can feel my body aches more *laughs*

@-;--

No comments: