Saturday, February 04, 2006

The Reason

Ok this song is overplayed but coincidentally I heard this song twice tonight which I haven't in a long time..

The Reason - Hoobastank

I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you

And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know
I've found out a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the pain I put you through
I wish that I could take it all away
And be the one who catches all your tears

That's why I need you to hear
I've found out a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is You [x4]

I'm not a perfect person
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know
I've found out a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

I've found out a reason to show
A side of me you didn't know
A reason for all that I do
And the reason is you

They say it takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and an day to love someone...but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

"I am trying to get over"

How long does it take to forget someone? I feel for you, my dear friend...it must be difficult.

The other day, another friend told me his story. He is back giving a second shot with his ex. Well nothing special you may say but it is after one hell of a nasty breakup and nearly a decade later that they are giving this a shot again...in face of all complexities and difficulties. I won't say they are getting all the support but who is anyone to decide what is right or the outcome for them when they have decided to try again with so much at stake?

Dear friend, I support the decisions you make but just in case it fails, I will be there for you as you have been for me :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. I know who you're talking abt. Hehehe.

~Xuan

Junyu said...

Do I know him? Your friend is crazy lar... I'd tell him to wake up his ideas. 好吗不吃回头草