Saturday, May 20, 2006

Chance Encounter

Ah I have not written for a number of days.

I met someone last night. Someone I never thought I'd see again. Someone I have wondered for a long time how he was. Frankly it's a chance encounter that almost never happened.

He has changed a lot. Certainly not as before but hey so have I changed.

I realised how much I have changed over the years. I used to be so young and wanted different things. The essence remained but I realised the package that I used to want in a man has definitely changed.

I realised how the men in my life the last few years have introduced new passions (no pun intended) in my life which frankly makes it hard for me to date a normal Singaporean man. Yet I don't dig foreigners. It's a dilemma really.

I realised I like my men to have a tinge of difference about them. Something that makes them so different from the normal Singaporean man. It didn't help that my ex (if you can call him one) was strong in this department because he was well read and had a hunger for the world. It kinda sets a certain erm should I call it, standard? This tinge of difference has become a certain source of passion and maybe grief. Even my friends agree on this matter. The typical man on the street is not really my type.

I have also realised how non-chalant I have become with regards to these matters. I am frankly, not very motivated to take action. I prefer to let things come as they are. Passive? Perhaps.

I realised its true...fate works that if you truly meant to meet, you will, no matter how long it takes. What may not work today may work few years down the road. It may never work of course but that's fate.

The girl has grown up for sure.



On a not so grown up note..

Julio & Dino Twin brothers Julio and Dino Acconci (Soler) were born and raised in Macau. They both speak and sing in 7 languages, including: English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Portugese and French. To sum up Soler in a word it would be "live." First communicators, then musicians. Their music is direct, coming straight from the soul. Drawing on influences ranging from soul music to rock, they have evolved into a sound best described as pop rock with a
touch of soul. They are signed to Hummingbird Music Ltd

My gal friend says they make her melt. No darling I don't feel no stirring in my loins and they say I have a thing for bad boys. Just look at my guys..most of them are geeky even the most so called bad boy looking one. But it is quite incredible that these Latino lookin men have a CANTONESE rock album. SEVEN languages is a mean feat indeed! Maybe I need to MEET them *hint hint* Or perhaps serenade me with a Spanish or French song and THAT will make me melt :D *puddle*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahah..

Hint taken.

There's something in their voices that induces the 'melt effect'. Haha.. and the irony - I dun even have a thing for bad boys. Hah! :)

We dunno how fate works.. so in the meantime.. we try and move on.. :)

~Xuan