Sunday, June 11, 2006

Little Ball

What is it about a whole bunch of men chasing after a ball on the field that grips the world and stops it at its pace every four years? If they had it every year, it would disastrous for the economy. Millions of people and the world comes to a standstill every time World Cup comes round.

Trust me, for many years, this was a bewildering question to me.

Some time back, my gal friend asked me to watch a match with her. I went along out of curiousity. It was actually quite interesting! I would love to know more about the rules. So there is something fun about a whole bunch of men running after a little ball.

So this year, I cheered when England scored (though it was actually an own goal from Paraguay). I ooohed when England came so close to scoring so many times. I aaahhed for the excellent display of skills for Paraguay goalkeeper that basically kept England's attacks in check.

So perhaps next time, I do not have to feel frustrated if my man chooses football over me or try to seduce him away from the television? Instead, I will be there cheering with you honey, and God bless we are not supporting opposing teams :P

P.S.: It's currently 3.17 am and Argentina has not scored a single goal against Ivory Coast 18 minutes into the game...

2 comments:

Junyu said...

SELL YOUR HOUSE AND PUT ALL UR MONEY ON BRAZIL!
OLE OLE!

Junyu said...

If you had listened to me, you'd be up by one house now! =)