Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Jagged Little Pill

First I gotta say this, I miss being on a bike. I have paused my bike lessons but hell I wanna get that elusive license! I miss being on the big machine..wind..helmet..gloves and all..I get envious when I see people on bike and I cannot be on one. Hope to parade around with my helmet and most importantly, A LICENSE soon..grrrrrrr

Some people thought it was strange for me to play aunt agony recently because I probably needed one myself. But strangely, I think listening to someone else's life puts my mind and heart in better perspective and in a way heals myself too. I don't always like the stuff I have to tell people because I probably know how painful it is for the person who will have to be on the receiving end of the resulting action. In a way, I also saw perspectives that I could never quite understand clearly until I was presented with it in my face. The mirror has two faces and very often, the other face may not be what we think it to be or as pretty as we would like it to be.

I wonder if you have ever experienced this. For instance, you may have a disagreement with someone or perhaps an unhappy episode. You understand everything from your view, you can guess things from the other view. Suddenly one day, your friend comes to you with the situation that that been on the opposite side if your view. You see things from the other side of the table. You realise that maybe it wasn't as easy as you thought. The whole wave of realisation, regret, sadness, a desire to do something but am helpless kinda feeling - I call it a jagged little pill of reality bite, realisation.

I can't quite describe it but I feel a little wide difference these days. Age? Life? I am not too sure myself. When I go out these days, I don't really feel like I am there. It's like you watch a colourful parade of people, colours and activities happening in front of you and hear a mesh of sounds..but that's it. It likes those movies where everything is just a blur around you. It's like one is alive..but not really...living. Hmm doesn't exactly sound like a most sociable animal huh? Well will have to watch and see :)

No comments: