Thursday, July 19, 2007

27

It is now 11.52 pm, just 8 minutes away from being another year older. It's time for the annual post that looks back on the past year.

Wow 27 feels so old.

I just got a call from a friend who asked me to join her at Con D. I decided not to because I was too far away. Moreover, I had sunrise to catch tomorrow.

She asked me what my plans are for tomorrow.

"Don't tell me you are spending it alone again!"

I laughed. It surprised me this year how the people I didn't expect to remember did while those I thought might remember didn't. It doesn't really matter.

Ever since my 25th birthday, I have preferred to spend my birthday quietly and alone. Last year, I spent it painting. This year, I would go see sunrise, paint, think about my story then catch Harry Potter. Sounds ordinary? That's how I like to spend it these days. In fact, my birthdays felt less and less special as the years passed. I often don't remember it until near the date.

Everytime it comes to this day, I am filled with happiness and a little sadness. Well, a woman will always feel vain about getting older. My birthday was also the day I loved most and hated most in the year. Love for obvious reasons because I would give myself the day to do the things I like. Hate because it always reminded me of things that I don't think I will ever forget. For 364 days I will not remember, but for one day of the year, I will relive the scar that day wears. Thus, I chose to spend it alone ever since. It is that one day of the year I would feel happy and sad at the same time.

Looking back on this year....what a different year it has been.

Notable things include:

1) Love for all things Korean - language, food, Bi, DBSK blah blah
2) New friends like imp, my sotong clan and so on
3) En Motion team
4) Fiction writing

Thanks to writing and my readers, I have been feeling happier. Perhaps because of that, I have been more cheery and looking better as well. Who knows where this path might lead? Sometimes I do wish the people I thought were really important in my life could share a little more of this love but strangely again, it's the people whom I didn't expect who have showed me more support in my loves be it dance, singing or writing.

As I stand at yet another crossroad, I couldn't help but wonder, where now from here?

This year, I would just like to ask God to keep me in his blessings and show me the way.

A little happy birthday to me :)

No comments: