Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Surprise

I got a little surprise that warmed my heart tremendously the other day.

While I was returning home last night from dinner with the girls, my buddy commented that as we get older the gifts get lesser. Most of the time, it just ends with dinner.

In a way, she's right. That is why I was so surprised to get a gift through the mail.

I came home to find a postpac on my table. I wondered who could have possibly sent me a postpac. Upon opening it, I found a really pretty necklace inside.

That was surprise number 1.

I reached in and found a card inside. I realised it was from a newfound good friend. That was surprise number 2. I was surprised to get it from her because for a long time, we were what people might call acquaintances. It is by the twist of fate that we discovered we were more than what we thought about each other initially. Now, she's someone I turn to for advice and she never fails to give me good perspective and constant encouragement.

Thank you for constantly giving me doses of encouragement.

Thank you, I really like the necklace as much as I like our friendship :)

No comments: