Monday, January 28, 2008

The Look

For someone who believes that one should cherish the body God gave you, I sometimes do wish I had a more approchable face.

If I were to go into default blank expression, I look unapproachable based on feedback over the years. Well, I am sorry I am not born to look like sunshine when I am not looking like anything. So I try to smile. But I am not a celebrity and I cannot smile even when I am dead tired. I really salute them for their everlasting ability to smile for the camera.

Friends often say I "don't look the type'' for a lot of things. I don't look like the type who would wanna put dinner on the table for my husband, I don't look like the type to cook, I don't look like the type who would read manga, I don't look like the type who would want to do humanitarian work blah blah blah.

So I look like hard type career woman who just wants money and reads Fortune in my leisure? I think I look less of that now thoough I probably looked more in the past. Friends who took time to know me will know that while I have my tempers, I can be as cock and feminine as "I don't look the type".

That's the reason why I hate discrimination and biasness. I don't want to treat people the way I wouldn't want to be treated.

The upside is when I want to be left alone, it isn't that difficult and there are times I do. The upside is despite as ordinary looking as I may be, I still have normal features which I feel blessed for. Still, I do wish it would be easier for people to approach me.

I personally think a person's looks reflects the person's inner state of mind or heart. Happiness is a women's best cosmetic. This is why they say a woman is most beautiful when she is in love. I personally feel beauty, more than being flawless, is about this glow that comes from inside- a glow that warms you even if the person had wrinkles, freckles and all. That I believe, comes when a person has found his or her state of balance and calm in life.

I hope to find that one day and meanwhile, I will try to smile more okay? If I look black faced, it may not be me being angry but I am just spacing out. Talk to me okay?

2 comments:

Wendy said...

hey have been reading on and off .... just wanna say really enjoyed reading yr past few entries ...... :)

Anonymous said...

HAHA this is a funny post! I will talk to you more k? even when u are in screen-saver mode. haha but yes i do have to agree that u look dao at times. but nvm, cool wat.

-nic