Monday, January 07, 2008

The Universe Between The Pages

Today, something came to mind as I was reading a book...maybe cos I been reading good books?


"The beauty of a book is in that a story is but a mere chip of the boundless world that resides in the writer's mind; a world where no plane or ship can find its boundaries; a universe where one needs nothing but imagination to sail endless horizons."


Haha does it make sense? I just thought of it when I felt that there are really universes to be found between the pages of a book because every piece of work is a product of a writer's hard work and imagination.

From my readings recently, I have travelled through India, Bali, tasted the best pizza in the world in Italy, walked through the beauty of peaceful Afghanistan, swung a wand and all - all from the comfort of my seat. What would we do without the graces of human imagination and sincere writing?

If anyone actually likes it enough to quote it somewhere else...my pen name is Kismet Eve. Yup if I ever get to publish, this will be my name. (*laughs* give this writer a cookie will you?)

No comments: