Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Once Loved

Everyone in love hopes for love to last but sometimes it doesn't. When that happens, it is often not the fact that love ends that hurts. It's when love doesn't end properly that it hurts.

There were 2 men in my life that I never found peace with. I was fortunate to find one of them after a long time and it really made me feel happy to be chatting with him once again. Perhaps that was what led me to contact another past love again.

I had met this past love a few times. We had chatted normally and all but I felt something about this meeting was different.

We finally managed to talk about the past.

You know you have found peace with each other when you can actually talk about the past with no hard feelings. Strangely enough, I have been fortunate to have ex-es apologise whenever we reached tha stage. They would say sorry for having been mean to me. The best part is, most of the time, I don't remember the things they apologise for.

Isn't that a good thing?

After all, if you have once loved that person, why would you want to hold on to the bad memories? Love is beautiful and if that is the case, then I would rather remember love and the people I have loved to be beautiful. Isn't it painful to know that when you see a person you once loved, you can't face him, talk to him or even say hi?

Frankly, I would prefer to be rid of all the baggage while I am still single and clear-minded...start the next love (if any) anew. Given the nasty circumstances the last one ended, I am not sure if we will ever be able to make peace.

So now it's one down and one more to go. It's okay, I will wait.

No comments: