Saturday, September 24, 2005

Dear Girl

Dear Girl,

You called me today
In your moment of desperation
A call for help

You asked me how could life have done this to you again
You asked me how could love have deserted you again
You asked me how much faith could you have
When faith has brought you nothing but pain?

You told me you were tired
Tired of disappointments that keep coming
Tired of endless stupidity you always commit
Do I feel tired for listening?

You asked me why do people change
You asked me how could they forget
You asked me how can you forget
When memory sticks a thorn in your head?

You told me that your heart has gone cold
Said that you have no faith left to hold
Said that you are tired of being wrong
Will you be able to stand again if you fall?

You come to me with tears running down that pretty face
With cries of anguish drenched in pain
Your shaking body down on your knees
Holding on to every ounce of warmth I can give

Dear girl,

I will never have the answers you are looking for
For they can only be found not given
My warmth is not what you seek
The comfort you want is not mine to give

But dear girl, I can tell you this
Love lost probably will never be found again
Cold eyes once warm will only look away
Faded smiles and kisses live only in memory’s remains

I can tell you things you already know
How one should forget and let go
How one should love oneself more and above all
How one should always find courage and hope

Dear girl, maybe time is all you are waiting for
A flicker of hope in your abyss
A way out of your passing quandary
A day where happiness will dance in your eyes again

But above all, dear girl,
Please remember I will always be here
For all the times you forget my presence
I will always be here to catch your fall.

This post is specially dedicated to you, my dear.

No comments: