Sunday, June 08, 2008

Goodbye Jimmy

For the man who always asked me to put on more make-up...

He always scolded me for not having enough make up on even though I had put on more black eye shadow that I ever used.

For the man who always insisted on lashes for his shows...

I remember the time I tried to avoid seeing when I forgot to bring lashes. Big mistake.

For the man who always had the glitziest and shiniest costumes...

Who can possibly forget the sequins?

For the man who spoke to me more than a choreographer...

I remember the time when he was worrying if I got enough and the time he spoke about his personal life backstage.

For the man whom I didn't get to know better...

I never got to know him enough. It was always rehearsals, show and home. In my memory, he was always lively and bubbly, always full of energy and running around getting dancers ready, costumes sorted out, show organised, putting on impeccable make-up, with lashes that would beat all the other female dancers.

Perhaps that's why my tears felt like falling when I saw his cold body lying in a coffin wearing a make-up of another kind. That's not the Jimmy I remembered. Even if I didn't know him that well, it still shocked me and made me sad to hear of the news. It was so sudden...I was just thinking of calling him up recently...

I would like to say goodbye and rest in peace...

Goodbye Jimmy.

Jimmy Newton Lim

(February 13, 1969 - June 7, 2008)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there

yap i also chanced upon his death on the obituary today, totally in shock cos was in contact wif him abt 2mths back.

Jeremy

Anonymous said...

hi kismet and jeremy,

im in as much a shock too...

was buying cigis 2hrs ago when i noticed a familiar face on the front page of today's shin min daily news, read the person's name published in english and...

i'm chinese but regrettably, am unable to read much mandarin characters... an uncle standing aside explained that jimmy had committed suicide... was that correct??

juz lost a fren last 1.5mths ago when his decomposing body was discovered on his own bed, naked...

what's happening.....

i got to know jimmy easily 10yrs ago, along with darren derek and the rest of the folks in that group, when i "reappeared" on the scene, and 10yrs later... sad...

bye jim, may your unfulfilled wishes on earth be met in heaven...

tony
10june08

Anonymous said...

The headlines was that "Famous host/MC plunges to his death".

That does not mean suicide.

Sorry...did not get to read the contents inside.