Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Heart of Giving

This thought occurred to me recently. So often, we think of the people who give as generous. I realized recently that the heart to give is not so much an act of generosity, but more an act of the acknowledgement of abundance.

Let's not talk about people who give for recognition. Let's talk about the people who give because they feel they have enough and so they want to share their happiness with other people. Hence, if the desire to give rises, I think it's a good sign for the giver. It means the giver feels that he or she has enough to spread some around. To me, it's a sign that the giver's life is in good hands, good shape.

Therefore, the act of giving is not only an act of kindness, but also validation to oneself that "Hey I have a good life!"

Now, wouldn't that be nice to know?

No comments: