Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Beautiful Woman

Her hair blew in the wind

Her knees knew scars of many falls

Her eyes bore the traces of countless yesterdays

Her lines whispered days and nights of untold stories


Of love found and love lost

Of battles fought, won victoriously and lost in bravery

Of smiles in glory

Of endless rivers of tears


A beautiful patchwork her heart was

Of pieces broken by life

Held together by strings of strength

Bonded by the power of undying faith


She is the truly beautiful.

- Kismet



Today we witnessed the ending of a chapter and the beginning of another for a dear friend.

In her words "It was difficult....but I did it."

I realised every woman, no matter how strong, will meet with days, things, events, people that hit straight at her heart. There will be times she will be totally unlike herself. There will be moments she will cry her heart out. Tears were God's gift to women for the less than smoother patches in life.

I hated the fact that I was so unlike myself when I wanted to be myself during certain times in the last 2 years...but that's life. I like who I am and am still trying harder to be who I want to be.

A toast to the all the strong and beautiful women in the world *cheers*

No comments: