Monday, May 21, 2007

Colored Rhythms

Eve has been writing fiction recently. Yes, Eve got inspired by some fiction online so Eve started a fiction of her own online. It's called Colored Rhythms and not very surprisingly, it's based on the life and love of dancers.

It's currently located at http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=134969 . You need to be a soompi member so if you are keen to read, can just sign up for a free account to log in. I thought about creating a seperate blog but will think about it :) For now, it's just there.

It's based on real life stories and it's fiction after all so not everything is real. I used celebs as characters because it was common in that forum. Its easier to visualise and do the posters as well. If you are reading, try to look beyond that...really am trying to write a proper story. I really gave thought to the themes I wanted to explore as well as the various characters' development. It was also written in a manner that one may or may not see certain subtleties that point to a character's flaw or theme because writing has to be simple and entertaining for public after all :P

While writing this story, I learnt something. Works of art, dance or writing really need inspiration.

Before I started the story, I couldn't write because she didn't have any ideas. After I came back from Taiwan, characters formed in my mind and as I combined with real life experiences, the story followed...just like that...so naturally. When inspiration came, I didn't need to think and couldn't stop because it just flowed.

Now, I have taken to not writing at all until inspiration popped into my head in terms of text or scenes. When I developed the soundtrack for the story along with the character maps and all, it opened up another universe of experiencing the story.

I am happy to experience the feeling of inspiration :)

On a side note, I like this group's songs.

Speechless
Clazziquai

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!